Twitch is the number one live streaming platform for gamers, DJs, internet personalities, ASMR enthusiasts, and so much more. It’s no wonder the platform attracts millions of fans from around the world every single day. There are so many talented creators streaming on Twitch. Wouldn’t it be amazing to watch your favorite gamers and DJs on the TV in your living room, in surround sound?
Here’s how to cast Twitch to TV—no matter which casting device you use:
One of the easiest ways to cast Twitch to TV is through the Twitch App. Casting to certain Wi-fi devices is a new capability that Twitch just made available to their mobile app users. By opening the Twitch app on your phone or iPad, you have the option to connect to a Chromecast or other Wi-Fi-enabled casting device.
However, the Twitch app does not support casting to other DLNA devices like Amazon Firestick or a smart TV. You also can’t open the mobile Twitch app with casting capabilities from your desktop or laptop computer.
Some phones or tablets come with their own screen mirroring feature. Allowing you to cast whatever is on your phone screen to your TV. But chances are if you took the time to look up this post, your device was not gifted with this built-in feature. Or maybe, you’d rather cast your favorite Twitch content directly from your laptop.
Thankfully, there are third-party apps like AirBeamTV that allow any phone or iPad to cast a high-quality stream to your Chromecast, Firestick, SmartTV, Roku etc.
Mirroring your screen to cast TikTok, Instagram Live, Youtube videos, and of course, Twitch to your TV has never been easier.
AirBeamTV App To Cast Twitch to a Smart TV
The AirBeamTV app is a Screen Mirroring app, easy to download on Mac, iPad and iPhone. By simply mirroring your screen wirelessly through a reliable app, you don’t have to add an extra HDMI or VGA cord to watch your favorite Twitch streams on your home movie system.
Download the AirBeamTV App
There are lots of ways to download AirBeamTV:
- To mirror your Mac screen, choose your brand of TV and download the appropriate version of AirBeamTV app for Mac right now
- For iPhone or iPad, find us in the App Store or select your TV brand on our website and scan the QR code
How to Cast Twitch to LG Smart TV
First, download and open the free AirBeamTV app. This shouldn’t take long at all. Once you open the app, your iPhone, iPad or Mac should automatically start looking for a casting device to connect to. Select your LG TV. As soon as you’re connected, tap “Start Mirroring” to begin a high-quality, reliable cast of your phone screen. Grab your popcorn, open the Twitch app and start watching from the couch!
How to Cast Twitch to Samsung Smart TV
Let’s say you’re trying to mirror your iPhone screen to your Samsung TV. Go to the iTunes App Store to purchase and download the AirBeamTV app. Once you open the app, your phone will automatically start looking for a TV to connect to. Connect to your Samsung TV. As soon as you’re connected, tap “Start Mirroring”. To begin viewing everything on your iPhone screen on your Samsung TV screen.
How to Cast Twitch on Apple TV
Assuming you’re an all-Apple-everything type of person, mirroring your iPhone or iPad screen to your Apple TV is a breeze. First, connect your phone or tablet to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV. Then open Control Center, tap “Screen Mirroring” and select your Apple TV. As soon as you’re connected, open the Twitch app and start streaming!
How to Cast Twitch to Amazon Firestick
Okay, let’s say you’ve got a Macbook and you want to cast Twitch from that Macbook to the Amazon Firestick on your TV. Downloading AirBeamTV for your Mac is easy. First, download our Mac to Firestick mirror app from our website. Pick the Mac app best suited for casting from a laptop to Amazon FireTV. Once that’s downloaded, you’ll need to install the PKG file. A smart installer program will guide you through all the necessary steps. Remember to give the app necessary permissions in your System Preferences.
As soon as that’s done, you’re ready to cast Twitch from a Mac to Amazon Firestick.
How to Cast Twitch to Roku
Roku has the advantage of being another Wi-fi supported casting device, similar to Chromecast. Here’s how you can easily mirror your Mac or iPhone screen to your Roku.
Download the Screen Mirroring app for Roku on your Mac, iPad, or iPhone. From the AirBeamTV app, your phone or computer automatically starts looking for a Roku device to connect to. Select your Roku. Follow the recommended steps and add the AirBeamTV Channel on Roku as requested.
As soon as you’re connected, tap “Start Mirroring.”
How to Cast Twitch to Chromecast
AirBeamTV makes casting Twitch to Chromecast easy as anything. Once our Chromecast mirror app is downloaded and open on your iPhone, iPad or Mac, AirBeamTV will automatically start looking for a device to connect to. Select your Chromecast. As soon as you’re connected, tap “Start Mirroring.” That’s it! Yes, it really is that easy.
Why Won’t Twitch Cast to My TV?
There are a few possible reasons you might have trouble mirroring your screen to the TV with AirBeamTV.
If you accidentally hit “Deny” on your Samsung TV while connecting your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, this is pretty easy to fix:
E, F, and H Models (from 2012 to 2014)
- On your Samsung TV, go to Network > Allshare Settings > Content Sharing
- Find the device you tried to connect (it should say “Denied” next to it)
- Select the “Denied” device and change it to “Allow”
- Start the mirroring again from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
J and K Models (from 2015 to 2016)
Same instructions as above, but the menu titles are Network > Multimedia Device Manager. From there you should be able to see your “Denied” devices.
M, N, and R Models, and QLED (from 2017)
- On your Samsung TV, go to General > External Device Manager > Device Connection Manager > Device List
- From Device List, select “Edit” and select “All”
- Make sure the list of devices is cleared before starting the mirroring again from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Here are some other common hiccups we’ve noticed can happen based on which phone, computer, or TV you use:
- If you’re using an iPhone or iPad with iOS 14, go to Settings, select the Wi-fi your device is connected to, and make sure “Private Address” is turned off
- If you’re using a Mac, make sure McAfee (or another third party Intel Security software) is disabled to allow your TV casting device to communicate with your Mac
- If you use a Samsung TV, make sure “Access Notification” is turned off; go to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connection Manager > Access Notification
- If you have a Sony TV with Android OS, do a full power cycle reboot of the TV by shutting it down, unplugging it from the wall, waiting 5 minutes, and turning it on again
- If your LG TV is not detected, go to the Network menu on your TV and make sure “LG Connect Apps” (or “DLNA DMR” on older models) is always turned on
When it comes to your router, remember to…
- Disable Access Point/Client isolation on your route
- Disable Wireless Isolation on your router
- Disable IGMP Proxy on your router
- Disable any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) or proxy servers, on your router and your computer
- Enable UPnP or Multicast on your router
- Enable IGMP on your router
For even more detailed troubleshooting, visit our FAQ Page.
Mirror More Screens on Any Device
Now that you know how to cast Twitch to TV, why stop there? You can use AirBeamTV to cast your iPhone, iPad, or Mac screen to any TV or Windows monitor in your house. You can even cast Instagram to TV for live cooking shows and great fitness workouts.
So what are you waiting for?