How to Fix a Chromecast Remote Not Working: A Useful Guide for Non-Technical People
Have you ever settled down to watch your favorite show, only to find that your Chromecast remote is not working? Frustrating, isn’t it? Whether you’re a new to Chromecast or an experienced user, remote issues can be a headache.
But fear not! In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through how to fix your Chromecast remote, without any technical jargon. So if you’re tired of fiddling with buttons and cables, and just want to get back to streaming, keep reading!
Table of contents
- Consequences Of A Broken Chromecast Remote
- Troubleshooting Your Chromecast
- What to Do When a Chromecast Remote is Not Working With Samsung TV?
- Where To Buy A New Chromecast Remote?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Consequences Of A Broken Chromecast Remote
A broken Chromecast remote can have a significant impact on your streaming experience. Without a functioning remote, you won’t be able to control the device, adjust the volume, or turn your TV on or off.
This means you’ll need to physically get up and change the settings on the device or use your phone as a makeshift remote, which can be inconvenient and time-consuming.
Additionally, if you’re using a third-party remote or app, you may not have access to all the features and settings of your Chromecast. This can limit your ability to fully customize your viewing experience and may result in frustration. In some cases, you may even need to purchase a new Chromecast if the remote cannot be replaced.
To avoid these consequences, it’s important to take good care of your Chromecast remote or purchase a replacement as soon as possible.
Troubleshooting Your Chromecast
The first step in fixing your Chromecast remote is to check the basics:
- Start by ensuring that your remote has working batteries. If the batteries are dead, replace them with fresh ones.
- Next, check that your remote is within range and has a clear line of sight to your Chromecast. Obstacles like walls or furniture can interfere with the remote’s signal.
- Finally, make sure that your Chromecast is powered on and properly connected to your TV and home network.
1 | How To Reset Chromecast
If the troubleshooting basics don’t work, you can try resetting your Chromecast. To do this:
- Unplug your Chromecast from its power source
- Wait 10-15 seconds
- Plug it back in.
- Wait for your Chromecast to fully restart before attempting to use your remote again.
This simple step can often solve common issues, such as connectivity or syncing problems between your Chromecast and remote.
2 | How To Pair Chromecast Remote
If resetting your Chromecast doesn’t work, try pairing your remote again. To do this:
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet and
- Tap on the Chromecast icon.
- Select “Settings” and then “Remote.”
- Follow the prompts to pair your remote with your Chromecast.
Once your remote is paired, you should be able to control your Chromecast as usual.
3 | Update Chromecast and Remote
If your Chromecast remote still isn’t working, it’s worth checking for updates. Both your Chromecast and remote need to be up to date to work correctly.
To check for updates:
- Open the Google Home app.
- select your Chromecast device, and tap on “Settings.”
- Look for the option to “Check for Updates”.
- Follow the prompts to update your Chromecast.
For the remote, replace the batteries and check that it is updated to the latest firmware version.
4 | Contact Customer Support
If none of these steps work, you can contact Google Chromecast support for further assistance. They will be able to guide you through more advanced troubleshooting steps or even send a replacement remote if needed.
You can contact Chromecast support through the Google Home app, or by visiting the Chromecast Help Center website. Make sure you have your Chromecast device and remote nearby when you contact support to help with the troubleshooting process.
What to Do When a Chromecast Remote is Not Working With Samsung TV?
If your Chromecast remote is not working with your Samsung TV, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the batteries: Make sure the batteries in your remote are fresh and installed correctly. If the batteries are low or dead, this could be causing the issue.
- Check the line of sight: Ensure that nothing is blocking the line of sight between your remote and the Chromecast. This includes objects, furniture, and even other electronics.
- Restart the Chromecast: Try restarting your Chromecast by unplugging it from the power source, waiting a few seconds, and plugging it back in. This can sometimes fix connectivity issues.
- Use the Google Home app: If your Chromecast remote is still not working, you can try using the Google Home app on your phone or tablet as a remote control instead.
- Factory reset the Chromecast: If all else fails, you can try factory resetting your Chromecast. To do this, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast for 25 seconds until the LED light starts flashing. Then, set up the device again from scratch using the Google Home app.
By following these steps, you can usually fix any issues with your Chromecast remote not working with your Samsung TV.
Where To Buy A New Chromecast Remote?
If you’re in need of a new Chromecast remote, Amazon is the best place to find one. Our developers find this the best online marketplace for purchasing a wide variety of Chromecast remotes at competitive prices.
Whether you’re looking for an original remote or a third-party option, Amazon has a large selection to choose from. The best Chromecast remote options on Amazon start at just $22.99 and are often available for free shipping. Plus, with Amazon’s easy-to-use website and quick delivery times, you can have your new remote in your hands in no time.
Don’t let a faulty or lost remote hold you back from enjoying your Chromecast to the fullest. Click the links below to find the perfect Chromecast remote for your needs and get back to streaming your favorite content.
Google Chromecast Remote Buttons
- Directional pad: This allows you to move up, down, left, and right through menus, and to select items.
- Home button: Pressing this button takes you back to the main menu of your Chromecast device.
- Back button: This button lets you go back one step in the menu, similar to the back button on a web browser.
- Volume up and down buttons: These buttons allow you to adjust the volume of the content you’re streaming.
- Mute button: Pressing this button mutes the audio.
- Power button: (some models only): This button turns your TV on and off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Chromecast with a smart home assistant like Google Home or Amazon Alexa?
Yes, Chromecast is compatible with both Google Home and Amazon Alexa, allowing you to control your Chromecast with voice commands.
How do I set up my Chromecast device?
To set up your Chromecast, plug it into your TV’s HDMI port and connect it to your Wi-Fi network using the Google Home app. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Can I use Chromecast with my iPhone or iPad?
Yes, Chromecast is compatible with both iOS and Android devices, allowing you to stream content from your iPhone or iPad to your TV. To do this, make sure your device and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then open the AirBeamTV app you want to use and tap the Cast button. Select your Chromecast device and start streaming. Enjoy anything on the big screen in record time.
Why is my Chromecast remote light on?
If your Chromecast remote light is on, it could indicate that the remote is currently in pairing mode. When you first set up your Chromecast, you need to pair the remote with the device to control it. To do this, you need to hold down the button on the remote for several seconds until the LED light starts flashing.
If the light on your Chromecast remote is on and not flashing, it could mean that the remote is already paired with the device, or that the batteries are running low and need to be replaced.
If you’re experiencing issues with your Chromecast remote, such as it not responding or not working at all, you can try resetting it by removing the batteries and holding down the button on the remote for several seconds. Then, replace the batteries and try pairing the remote again with your Chromecast.
How can I screen mirror to my Chromecast from Android?
To screen mirror to your Chromecast from an Android device using the AirBeamTV screen mirroring app, follow these steps:
- Download and install the AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring app from the Google Play Store.
- Make sure your Android device and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the AirBeamTV app on your Android device and select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
- Tap the “Start mirroring” button to begin mirroring your Android device screen to your Chromecast.
- To stop mirroring, simply tap the “Stop mirroring” button in the app.
Learn more about how to cast Android to Chromecast here.
Why is my Chromecast remote not pairing?
There could be several reasons why your Chromecast remote is not pairing with your device. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Batteries: The first thing to check is the batteries in your remote. If they’re dead or low, the remote may not be able to connect to your Chromecast.
- Distance: The remote may not be able to pair with the Chromecast if it’s too far away. Try moving closer to the device to see if that helps.
- Interference: Other wireless devices in your home can interfere with the signal from the remote, so try turning off other devices to see if that helps.
- Reset: If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting your Chromecast and remote. To do this, unplug your Chromecast from the power source, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Then, press and hold the reset button on the remote for at least 10 seconds.
If none of these solutions work, it may be time to replace your remote. Buy a new one online at Amazon.
In conclusion, a non-working Chromecast remote can be a frustrating problem, but it doesn’t have to be a difficult one to fix. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can troubleshoot and fix many common issues with your remote, such as pairing problems, unresponsive buttons, and connectivity issues.
Remember to check your batteries, distance, and interference, and to try resetting your Chromecast and remote if necessary. And if all else fails, consider purchasing a new remote from a reputable source like Amazon, where you can find a range of high-quality options starting at just $22.99. With a little bit of patience and persistence, you can get your Chromecast remote working again and enjoy all the great content it has to offer.