Ultimate Screen Mirroring Tech Guide
What Is Screen Mirroring?
Screen mirroring for iPhone, iPad or Mac, also called wireless screen mirroring, is a technology that lets you stream or cast videos, photos and apps to a Smart TV screen. This can be useful when you want to share photos or videos with a group of people, or when you want to work on a project using a larger screen.
In order to use screen mirroring, you will need a compatible device and an adapter or cable that can connect the two devices. Once everything is set up, simply activate the screen mirroring function on your device and select the correct TV or projector from the list of available options. The content from your phone, tablet or computer will then be projected onto the bigger screen!
How Screen Mirroring Works Technically?
An AirBeamTV developer explains screen mirroring like this:
- The app detects TVs available in the local network. Using various detection protocols (different for various TVs).
- The app provides a stream link (URL) and asks the selected TV to play it. Using various communication protocols (different for various TVs).
- The TV starts playing the video stream from the given link (URL).
- The app generates the video stream with the screen content and system audio in real-time.
- The HTTP server embedded in the app serves the generated video stream data to the TV.
Simplified, for completely non-technical people:
- The screen mirroring app asks the TV to play its video stream.
- The app generates the video stream with the screen content and system audio.
- The TV plays this stream.
How does screen mirroring work on iPhone?
When you want to show what is on your iPhone screen on a tv, you can use the AirBeamTV app to do so. The app works by mirroring your iPhone screen to a nearby television or monitor. This allows everyone in the room to see what is on your screen, making it ideal for presentations or watching media together.
In order to use the app, you simply need to connect your iPhone to the television or monitor, via WiFi or media-streamer (like Chromecast, Fire TV or Roku). Once connected, you will be able to enjoy the AirBeamTV app and start sharing your screen. The app is available from the App Store and has a free-trial.
Screen Mirroring Apps
Best Screen Mirroring App
By using AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring apps, you don’t need any unsafe cables or expensive hardware. Enjoy everything wirelessly. Easily watch everything on your big TV.
Also, we will never record your screen into files and we don’t send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in the memory of your phone or computer before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
Tip: On the brand page of your Smart TV we explain in more detail how to install and use our app.
Will screen mirroring work without wifi?
Screen mirroring is a technology that allows you to share yourscreen with another device. In order to use screen mirroring,you need to have a Wi-Fi connection. Without Wi-Fi, screenmirroring will not work. This is because the technology relyson Wi-Fi to establish a connection between devices. So ifyou’re wondering whether you can use screen mirroringwithout Wi-Fi, the answer is no – it does not work withouta Wi-Fi connection.
Does screen mirroring use bluetooth?
While bluetooth is a popular method for wireless connectivity, it is not used for screen mirroring. Instead, screen mirroring typically uses either Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Wi-Fi connections are typically faster and way more reliable than bluetooth, making them the preferred option for most users.
Is screen mirroring safe?
Screen mirroring is a super safe way to share your screen with another device. When you use this method, your device doesn’t have to be physically connected to the other device. All you need is a wireless connection and AirBeamTVs app. This means that you can share your screen with anyone, anywhere.
Plus, there’s no risk of losing any data. When you use screen mirroring, your data is securely stored on your device. So, whether you’re sharing your screen with a colleague or friend, you can rest assured that your data is safe.
Why screen mirroring lags?
Our apps generate a video stream with your screen’s content. It sends this stream to a TV and asks to play. Every TV plays it in its own way, which is unfortunately outside of our control. Most TVs buffer the stream to play it smoothly. This TV buffering introduces a delay on the TV screen.
Can screen mirroring be hacked?
In theory everything can be hacked. But feels unlikely for a few reasons:
- Hacking is difficult and very time consuming. But, why would someone hack you to see your content…?
- Screen mirroring happens inside your local network. Unless your modem is explicitly configured to allow connections from outside, your local network is not reachable from outside. Even if it is configured, it’s probably very limiting, doesn’t allow access to any devices on your local network.
So don’t worry about being hacked while screen mirroring. That’s not necessary.