The Ultimate Guide To Restart Firestick in 2023
In this article you’ll learn how to restart your Amazon Firestick in record time. We also explain why this can be useful. We also explain how to reset apps or your Firestick, such as our Firestick screen mirroring app. And, we provide additional technical support such as clearing cache, etc. Discover it all below!
Table of contents
What Does Resetting Your Fire TV Do?
First things first. Why would one reset a Firestick in the first place? Well, resetting your Firestick is a great way to remove all personal data stored on the device and restore it back to its original settings.
No matter if you are selling your Firestick or giving it away to a friend. Resetting it will remove all preferences and user configurations, making sure that the device goes back to its stock status. It’s a quick and easy process, allowing you to protect your personal information from being accessed by the new owner.
Reset your Firestick today for peace of mind!
How To Restart Firestick
Here’s what you should do:
- Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your remote for about five seconds, or until the Reset screen appears.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the Reset option, and then press the Select button to select it.
- The Firestick will now restart and reset to its default settings.
- Once the reset is complete, you can set up your Firestick as a new device and start using it again.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the model of your Firestick and the version of the operating system it is running. If you are having trouble resetting your Firestick, you may need to refer to the user manual or contact Amazon customer support for assistance.
How To Restart Firestick Screen Mirroring App From AirBeamTV?
Do you have the FireTV screen mirroring app from AirBeamTV and are you experiencing technical issues? Resetting the application can sometimes help resolve the issue.
Restart Firestick mirroring app on iPhone
- Press the menu button on your iPhone twice.
- Then swipe up.
- All running apps are now displayed.
- Find, select and swipe up our screen mirroring app for Firestick. Now it is closed.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Then reload the AirBeamTV app and connect it to your Amazon Fire TV.
Restart Firestick mirroring app on Android
Here’s what to do if you want to restart the Fire TV casting app for Android:
- Click the recents button in the bottom-right corner of your Android.
- Swipe right until you see the Firestick mirroring app.
- Swipe up to close the app.
- Open the app back again.
Restart Firestick mirroring app on Android – 2nd method
In case the first method didn’t work, there’s another way to restart apps on Android:
- Go to Settings – Apps and notifications.
- Click ‘See all apps’.
- Choose the app you wish to restart.
- Click ‘Force Stop”.
- Go back to Home Screen.
- Launch the app back.
How to Restart Youtube on Amazon Firestick?
To restart YouTube on your Amazon Firestick, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote for about five seconds, or until the quick access menu appears on the screen.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight the YouTube app, and then press the Menu button on your remote. This will open a menu with options for the YouTube app.
- Select the Force Stop option from the menu. This will stop the YouTube app and close it.
- To restart YouTube, go back to the Home screen and select the YouTube app from the list of installed apps. This will start the app and you can use it again.
Note: If restarting YouTube doesn’t resolve any issues you’re having with the app, you may need to try clearing its cache or uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This can help to resolve any issues that may be causing the app to not work properly.
What Does Clearing The Cache Do On Firestick?
Clearing the cache on a Firestick can help improve the device’s performance and free up storage space. When you clear the cache, it removes temporary files and data that may have been stored on the device.
This can help resolve issues with the Firestick, such as app crashes or error messages. It can also help improve the device’s overall speed and responsiveness. However, it’s important to note that clearing the cache will not delete any important data or settings on the Firestick.
It will only remove temporary files and data that are no longer needed. Sometimes it can also help to even clear the cache of your television. For example, in this article you can read how to clear the cache of a Samsung TV.
How do I deregister my Fire TV stick and register again?
To deregister your Fire TV stick and then register it again, you can follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote to go to the home screen.
- Go to Settings > My Account.
- Select Deregister from the menu. This will remove the device from your Amazon account.
- Once the device has been deregistered, go back to the home screen and select the Register option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register the device to your Amazon account again.
Alternatively, you can also deregister your Fire TV stick by going to Amazon’s website and following these steps:
- Go to Amazon’s website and sign in to your account.
- Click on the Your Account tab, and then select the Manage Your Content and Devices option.
- In the Devices section, find the Fire TV stick that you want to deregister and click on the Deregister button next to it.
- Once the device has been deregistered, you can register it again by following the instructions on the Fire TV stick’s screen.
Now you know how to restart your Fire TV as well as Fire TV mirroring app by AirBeamTV.