How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring On iPhone, iPad, Mac & Android
Screen mirroring allows you to project your device onto a display, such as a television or computer monitor. While this can be useful for sharing content with others, there may be times when you want to turn off screen mirroring for privacy or other reasons. Here, we will discuss eleven methods of turning off mirroring on various devices, including iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and Android.
Table of contents
- For iPhone and iPad
- For Mac
- For Android
- Still Can’t Turn Off Screen Mirroring?
For iPhone and iPad
1 | AirBeam TV Screen Mirroring Apps
Want to know how to turn off screen mirroring with one of AirBeamTV apps? Here’s what you should do:
- Click on the button in the app that says ‘Screen Mirroring’.
- Then, tap ‘Stop Mirroring’. It’s the red button in your screen.
- After that, press ‘Stop Broadcast’.
That’s how you can stop your devices to mirror.
2 | Control Center Method
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen (or up from the bottom of the screen on some older models).
- Tap the “Screen Mirroring” button. This will open a list of available devices that you can mirror your screen to.
- Tap the device that you want to stop mirroring to. This will disconnect the screen mirroring session and turn off screen mirroring on your device.
3 | Turn Off Your iPhone or iPad
Another way to stop screen mirroring on an iPhone or iPad is to simply turn off the device. This is the perfect method if the iOS device becomes unresponsive. Please note that all other open apps, browsers, etc will also be closed with this method.
To turn off your iPhone or iPad, you can use the following steps:
- Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to the right, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
Alternatively, you can also turn off your device by going to the “Settings” app and selecting the “General” option. From there, scroll down to the “Shut Down” option and tap it to turn off your device.
4 | Drain Your Device’s Battery
Another way to make it stop is by draining your device’s battery. This is the slowest method out there. You do this as follows:
- Make sure your phone, tablet or computer isn’t charging. So remove the charging cord and make sure that no new energy enters the device.
- Eventually, the device turns itself off when it runs out of battery power. This ends processes. So the screen mirroring will also stop.
1 | Turn Off AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring
You can find the AirBeamTV app icon on the right side of Mac menu, at the top of the screen. From there, you can easily control all things mirroring! Here’s what you need to do:
- Click the AirBeamTV app icon in the panel at the top of your Mac screen.
- Press “Stop Mirroring”
2 | Turn Off AirPlay
AirPlay is Apple’s own casting feature. Here’s how to disable it:
- On your Mac, click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to stop mirroring to.
- Click the “Stop Mirroring” button to turn off screen mirroring on your Mac.
3 | Mac Control Panel
You can find the Mac Control Panel icon in the top right corner of the screen. It’s a slider icon and is located between the search tab and Siri. If you’re using screen mirroring, the icon will be highlighted.
- Click the Control Panel icon.
- Press “Screen Mirroring”.
Don’t have Apple and want to learn how to cast Android to TV? Or, how to turn this off? Discover the following steps below.
1 | AirBeamTV Apps For Android
AirBeamTV produces mirroring apps for Android as well. Here’s how to disable screen mirroring:
- Go to the app.
- Head over to the main screen.
- Click “Stop Mirroring”.
2 | Android Settings
- On your Android device, go to the “Settings” app.
- Tap the “Connected Devices” option, then select “Cast Screen”.
- Tap the “Stop” button to turn off screen mirroring on your Android device.
3 | Screen Cast
Android phones have their own native screen mirroring feature. It works exclusively with Chromecast devices.
- Swipe your finger down from the top of the screen.
- Swipe it once more to expand the menu.
- Navigate to the left.
- Click “Screen Cast” icon.
4 | Restart your device
Restarting your Android device will stop any ongoing processes. That includes mirroring! If you’re having trouble with your device or the screen is stuck, this is the method to try. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the lock button on the side of your device.
- Click “Restart”.
- Wait for your device to boot up.
- Enter your security pass to unlock the device.
Turning off screen mirroring can be beneficial for a variety of reasons. Maybe you’re having trouble with no sound, or experience lagging when the performance should otherwise be smooth. Maybe you’re only seeing a black screen instead of the mirrored image, or perhaps there’s suddenly no network connection without any explanation. Perhaps you can’t even find the TV to reset the connection! All of these are potential causes for turning off screen mirroring and can help improve your streaming experience.
Still Can’t Turn Off Screen Mirroring?
Have you tried all the above methods, but still can’t stop mirroring? Then take a look at our frequently asked questions. Or, if that doesn’t help either, feel free to contact our customer service. Please note; we can only help you with questions related to our screen mirroring applications.
Are you experiencing problems with your phone, tablet or computer? It may be better to contact the supplier of your device. For example, the Apple Mac Store. There they help you free of charge with questions or Apple hardware.
In conclusion, turning off screen mirroring on your device is a simple process that can be done quickly and easily. Whether you are using an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Android device, the steps are similar and can be completed in just a few minutes. By following the instructions outlined above, you can stop screen mirroring and keep your device’s screen private.
How To Clear Cache On Samsung TV In 11 Easy Steps
How Do I Get My Sound Back On My LG TV In Record Time?